Monday, October 22, 2012

Word Guess

A great thing about working in a retirement community is that to the residents, days of the week don't have quite the significance that they used to. For instance, today all my activities were well attended despite the fact it was a Monday. My job is often compared to working in a school but there are no Monday blues or Friday impatiencenesses or "get over the hump" day sluggishnesses for people who live there full time.

In particular I had a huge crowd for word guess. We guess a word or phrase one letter at a time a bit like wheel of fortune or hangman. Today's theme was Halloween and residents took turns guessing letters but could get points only by correctly guessing what word or phrase filled in the blanks. If they guess incorrectly, they can't guess again until the next round.

My other activities; door decorating, information about the election, and Pokeno also enjoyed a sizable turn out. When friends send out mass text messages like "It's raining, I don't think I'll make it to Tuesday" I can't say I feel a lot of empathy.

one of our door decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment