Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Popcorn Taste Testing

The food for the month of October at my retirement community is popcorn. So when taste testing came up on my rotation of activities, I thought we'd try out different flavors and discuss. I found a healthy popcorn, a not healthy popcorn, and popped an unflavored bag which got divided into three portions and flavored into the same number of varieties.

On a paper towel I wrote out 1 through 5 and then put a handful of each type near it. Residents were encouraged to try each and guess at flavors. #3 was kettle corn, #4 was white cheddar, and #5 was nacho cheese. Most residents had trouble distinguishing between the first four but found the fifth to be the tastiest by far. I asked for funny stories related to popcorn popping but mostly we just chatted about how nice popcorn is as a snack food and how easy it is to consume in large quantities.

No comments:

Post a Comment