Saturday, October 13, 2012

Santa's Beard Count Down

In late November my work will be having a Christmas bazaar and I wanted my section of the building to contribute something. Although it's only mid-October I thought it'd be better to begin on it early rather than later.

So we are going to embark on hand-made Christmas count downs. Some people cut out Santa and his beard, some used special scissors to cut out a cute poem, others counted and bagged cotton balls, and others glued the pieces to a larger piece of colored construction paper. The idea is to glue one cotton ball to Santa's beard every day beginning on December 1st. By Christmas Eve the beard is puffy and white and you are ready for him to come down your chimney.

This was just a start. I think we will go back and decorate them more by coloring the face or adding tinsel to the top. Also we might adhere the bags of cotton to the paper in some way. As usual I let them decide how best to do this and tried to stick to just offering to fetch things.

My favorite way to participate in such things is to ask at intervals, "How much do you think we could charge it for if we kept it just like this?" and wait for the ensuing discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment