Thursday, November 1, 2012

Witch Pitch

Today I came to work dressed as "Activities Girl". Along with my playing card cape I had a bag with all the things needed to avoid ennui and that a resident has asked me for in the past and been shocked if I didn't have:  games, pens, markers, tape, glue, dry eraser, paper clips, tissues, scissors, a master key, a Magic 8 ball, a notepad, straws, napkins, camera, snacks, a ruler, string, coffee creamers, sugar, 3 types of artificial sweetener, tickets, and prizes. Even if I had been a real superhero it would have weighed me down.


Fighting Boredom and Supply Crises

 Over the past week we've been preparing for Halloween by picking out jokes, making enough copies for every resident, cutting them into slips, and putting bags on each door. Today the residents added one of their jokes to each door while I taped on a Halloween pencil.



Also we played a game I named Witch Pitch that involved throwing candy and balloons into fake cauldrons I found in a decoration closet. The pencils, balloons, and bags came from the same closet. The day was made all the more sweeter because the power was up and running.


No comments:

Post a Comment