Saturday, February 23, 2013

Keep Calm and Leprechaun

There are a lot of reasons not to linger on the Valentine's holiday so we made new decorations for the fridge. We used a template of shamrocks cut in 3 sizes as stencils on St. Patrick's scrapbook paper. We glued a smaller onto a larger and tied it with ribbon. One resident in particular was able to cut the ribbon for borders and for the clovers, much to the amazement of her daughters. What I like about decorating is that everyone can take part on some level even if just to voice an opinion about placement.




We changed the table decorations for similar reasons and I can say that the idea for them was lucky inspiration. I gave myself a small limit to spend on them just for fun and found colored pipe cleaners that I knew I wanted to use. We already had garden stakes and small styrofoam balls and by cutting the pipe cleaners we  could make little rainbows between the stakes. It didn't look quite right so I thought to use cotton to give the styrofoam a more cloud-like look. In the jars we used green stones and a even a few "gold" coins. I think they turned out quite nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment