Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Greetings

My dream job is here.

I am now the Activities Director with three levels of care: skilled nursing, memory care, and assisted living.

As I learn about my new facility, the residents, and my employees, one my first tasks has been to sort the supplies we have. I want to know what activities we can offer the residents, and make sure our budget goes towards materials we don't already have hidden on a shelf.

One thing I will not be purchasing is greeting cards. We have tons. So many, in fact, I put the boxes of them on a cart and started a Greeting Card Club. Assisted Living residents enjoy sorting through the cards to organize them by category. They marry the cards with envelopes. They talk about the lost art of writing a letter.



The cards will be available to residents who'd like to use them. Eventually the Club will be in charge of delivering birthday, anniversary, achievement, and get well notes to the other residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment