Sunday, February 10, 2013

Voodoo Bird Feeders

I decided this month's theme day would be animal love. We began the day before by making Bird Feeder Cakes. To hang, they needed a hole through the center so we inserted straws into them before they hardened. We used cookie cutters including gingerbread men shapes as molds. I left them overnight and I'm sure they looked pretty questionable to the people coming into work later that day.

The next day we took out the straws and strung the cakes on ribbon. One resident in particular wanted to help me hang them despite the cold and we put them in a few different places where he thought the birds would like to eat.


The recipe turned out well. Of course I had to try my own version and used cereal rather than bird seed. Those ones were mushy and unpleasant to touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment