Monday, August 27, 2012

Volunteer Hours Board

Something in me couldn't let go of the cute miniature colored clothespins we used in July for clothesline door decorations. So I wrote door numbers on them and turned them into markers for the volunteer hours board. We have many opportunities for volunteering throughout the week, including:
  1. setting up for Bingo
  2. visiting the dementia unit
  3. clipping coupons for military families
  4. making jewelry to be sold for charity
  5. stapling and passing out calendars 

The board is a small foam one with a piece of scrapbook paper on its face. There is a stand to keep it upright and let everyone see. The paper has ten rows so that each resident has the opportunity to rack up to 10 hours of community giving a month. For the few residents who help out when no activity person is there, I gave them the option of keeping track for themselves. For everyone else, I will move the clips as they participate then just keep track on my excel spreadsheet at the end of the month, rather than trying to keep track of it daily. Not only will this be easier for me (if I can remember), but it's also a better way of acknowledging all the help they give us on a more regular basis than the yearly volunteer luncheon.

No comments:

Post a Comment