Thursday, January 17, 2013

Maintaining Thanks

I read somewhere that January is a great month to show appreciation of Maintenance workers so a few weeks ago I sent out an email to the whole building (minus our three maintenance men) that I was collecting stories and kind words for them. On Tuesday I printed out all the responses and then went around to each resident to ask for more anecdotes and I got many. I took three cards from the greeting card club's stash and slipped the messages inside.

Then we made a snack I knew the maintenance director was fond of: chocolate pretzel candies. The residents lined up the pretzels, unwrapped the chocolate hugs, then smooshed down the candies when the hugs were warm from the oven (2 minutes at 350F). It wasn't easy to do in gloves, but the look of happy surprise when I called the maintenance number and gave him cards and food instead of a work request was worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment