Monday, January 14, 2013

First Radio Broadcast

Flashbacks is an activity I use often to jog memories and bring up stories about what life used to be like for the residents. I take notes and hope someday to make a book version for them to gift to family members.

On Sunday we talked about the radio since it was the anniversary of the First Radio broadcast. I asked the residents to tell me what they remembered about the role radio played in their lives. They remembered three shows in particular and some characters and details of each. That came in handy when we did a crossword about it and the shows they mentioned came up a few times.

I took the opportunity to use my new ipad for the first time during this activity. On youtube I looked up the shows they mentioned and played excerpts from them much to the residents' amazement.


No comments:

Post a Comment