Friday, July 20, 2012

Pressed Pamela

Sometimes I have an idea that doesn't quite fit into the schedule/budget/theme so I put it on hold. A few months ago I thought of a way to connect the residents to their families during vacation even if the residents weren't able to be with them physically; a paper friend I named "Pressed Pamela". Since we're inviting family over this week I thought it might be time to do this.

Pressed Pamela and her Scottish friend Pressed Percival



Basically, each interested resident makes a character like a paper doll and sends it to someone they knew who is going on vacation. That person takes the character with them, writes a letter about their travels, and takes a few pictures with the character in them before sending it on to someone else going to an interesting place. Meanwhile, the resident receives letters and pictures from family and friends about vacation, and can feel more a part of the experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment