Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Mimosas

Working holidays can be bittersweet. You miss your biological family yet are glad to see the family you work for. Many of the residents are out for the day and some who remain are relieved to have activities to look forward to while others are depressed that they are not "home".

To begin the day I brewed good coffee and we decorated donuts to dunk in it or drink with milk instead.
reindeer and snowmen
 There was a big church service and during that time people who stayed behind made tree ribbon ornaments.

After lunch we had a big Bingo that was special because rather than tickets that go toward a drawing at the end of the month, residents won a present such as the throw blankets we made in November.

I made mimosas (orange juice and sparkling wine).

Finally, I visited everyone in their rooms to wish them a merry day and to remind them I am glad they are in my life.
a last minute snapshot of my antlers

No comments:

Post a Comment