Sunday, September 23, 2012

Eat Your Favorite Small Item

A bit of the fun of my job is coming up with fun titles for activities. This is a mixed bag, as some residents treat their calendars as sacred and others never give them a glance. The thrill comes when someone who does read our schedule asks me a question like "just what do you mean by eat you favorite small item?" Then I get to say "That's a great question, and I'll show you if you come by at 3:30".

Today we tried making molds of small solid objects by pressing them into baking tins filled with brown sugar and then filling the "mold" with melted chocolate. I found that using cupcakes tins was more efficient that trays and allowed me to be more specific by saying "bring something that can fit into a cupcake tin". Also it would have been better if I had found melting chocolate made specifically for candies rather than the chocolate chips we had on hand. Still it worked okay and they were tasty if not perfect.

This was an example of something I got to try at my job that later I could apply to my own life. This makes my job special and I hope I never take it for granted. It can save money on expensive plastic trays for candy molds and make a personal chocolate by being able to replicate your own items.

No comments:

Post a Comment