Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Gray Maneuvers



Staff wore gray on Respect the Aged day, a holiday in Japan. We began with relaxing chair yoga, then did one of my new favorite things and added sticky notes to a laminated sign with our list of phrase finishers. The phrase was "Elders Deserve Respect Because..." and they said things like "they worked hard all of their life," "everyone deserves respect", "they gave respect", and "they raised us".

I will re-use this poster for new answers next month. In the meantime, it and others stay on a board in the common room.

In the afternoon I added gray to decoupage and we painted "respect your elders" onto canvases. Then we finished the day with heated towel massages so I could show the patients my respect and admiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment